For some time now I have been adding to a list of things to do that is ongoing in my head. I keep telling myself I will write them down because I will eventually forget, so at last, here is the list of things I will accomplish this year. They are in no particular order of importance:
- Finish learning sign language
- Learn Spanish
- Save $5000 on groceries for the year using sales and coupons, which averages out to a little over $400 each month, which further breaks down to around $100 each week.
- Research the companies that sell the food I buy and find out who their parent companies are so that I know where my food is coming from and to whom my money is really going. (I already know Campbells owns a vast majority of the food products I buy under subsidiary companies like Peppridge Farm)
- Complete my first semester with the RN program – program is 8 hours a day five days a week
- Send my son off to college
- Set up and maintain a weekly routine involving at least 12 hours of de-stressing – this will entail determining how to efficiently secure this needed time, whether that means a few half hour increments a few times a day or larger blocks of time on only a couple of days will need to be figured out. Also, how to de-stress during these times – whether that will be meditation, exercise, watching tv, listening to music or just driving.
- Set up specific study times of at least 3 or 4 hours at night at least 2 or 3 nights a week after the kids go to bed
- Research the various vitamins and minerals frequently sold in stores in the health isle. Determine what each does in the body, what the best source of the vitamin/mineral is naturally if possible and how it is best introduced into the body or with what other components is it best absorbed by the body and in what form – pills, liquid, etc.
- Stop interrupting people when they talk
- Lower my voice and slow it down – I have a tendency to talk rapidly and loudly
- Recycle regularly – long overdue for this
- Read at least two books each month
- Continue work on researching ammonia and its chemical properties, possible chemical reactions, its role in the body and in the urine of cats. Continue efforts to find a way to either make my cat’s pee not smell or to eliminate the smell from my carpet without the use of toxic chemicals which make my dog and cat sick
Of course this is by no means an exhaustive list of all the things I will accomplish this year but off the top of my head these things came to me.