I like to get personal every once in a while on my blog. In that spirit, here are 9 things you may not know about me:
1. My cat does not talk
2. I have recently been laundering money. So far I’m up to $0.03 and let me tell you, those three pennies are spotless.
3. I love newly sharpened pencils
4. I can’t clip my dogs claws. The very thought of it gives me the icks, especially the sound it makes
5. I can’t wear watches. Over the years I have tried several and every time, I have a new battery put in and within two to three weeks, the battery completely dies. Put a new battery in and the same thing happens after two to three weeks.
6. I don’t like hanging pictures of people up on my walls or setting them on shelves. Not sure why but I always feel like the people in the photos are looking at me and it gives me the heebie geebies.
7. I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket
8. I remember things more visually when it comes to directions and locations. I can tell you how to get from your house to mine but not by street names or N,S,E,W. I give directions by telling people what they will see along the way, ex: Drive a few miles till you see the post office, take a left at the gray stone church at the end of the street, once you cross over the bridge beside the boy scout camp…”
9. When it comes to remembering anything else, I use acronyms and scents. I like to put on lotion when I study because the smell makes remembering that much easier later on. For any lists of things, I make an acronym in the order the things go. Recently I used VIBGYOR which stands for Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Red – these are the colors from shortest to longest in the visible spectrum. For the spectrum itself I used GUXVIMR which are again from shortest to longest: Gamma rays, Ultra rays, X-rays, Visible rays, Infrared rays, Microwaves, and Radiowaves.