So… today was a disappointing day, or at least it was a disappointing night. See, I had decided that tonight I was definitely going to win the $37 million dollar MegaMillion lottery. I didn’t win but… then I checked my computer and I discovered that I had been nominated for two blogger awards! So the night has taken a decidedly more fortunate turn.
Thanks to Jon Jefferson over at Misadventures in Strange for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Check out his blog, he writes some awesome short stories. They are always an adventure in the unusual.
In reference to the Liebster Award: I would like to thank my cat for her unending support in my efforts to write a somewhat interesting blog. I don’t know, she’s always sleeping nearby when I write so either she is incredibly supportive or entirely apathetic. And I would like to toss a quick nod to alcohol without whose occasional intervention I might never say anything bizarre or funny. Some of you are familiar with the Liebster award but for those who are not, here are the rules:
The Liebster Rules
1: Write a blog post about the Liebster Award.
2: Thank the person that nominated you.
3: Post a link to their blog on your blog.
4: Display the award on your blog and include it in your post and/or display it using a widget.
5: Answer the 11 questions about yourself provided by the person who nominated you.
6: Give 11 random facts about yourself.
7: Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
8: Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
9: List the rules in your post.
10: Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated them for the Liebster Award. Remember to give them a link to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Note that you can nominate someone who has been given the Liebster Award already, as long as they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers.
The 11 Questions:
1. If you had a robot army, what would you do?
I had to think long and hard about this one. If I had a robot army… I had to ask myself, just how large is my army both in actual size and in the number of robots I had? Just for the sake of imagination, I decided that if I had a robot army it would be so large as to outnumber all of the armies currently on the planet added together. I would use this substantial army of robots to then subdue all of the current earthly armies and act as a sort of ‘enforcement’ of peace upon all nations. This would no doubt lead to my developing a misguided sense of invulnerability and power – which would probably lead to a revolt of some kind from someone and an inevitable world war which would probably lead to the annihilation of mankind entirely. So… after this realization I decided that my robot army would instead be a legion of tiny servants who would simply fetch things for me at my will, they would cook for me, clean for me, retrieve the remote for me, etc.
2. Favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is clearly President’s Day. Just kidding, it’s a tie between Halloween and Christmas. I like the feel of Halloween, the decorations, the costumes and the general feeling of autumn. I like Christmas for similar reasons, the decorations, the tree, the lights, the general feeling of winter and snow and I like the family get togethers and closeness of the season.
3. Favorite color?
4. Have you ever had jewelry with your birthstone?
I have several pieces of jewelry with my birthstone. I was born in August and I have earrings, necklaces and rings with my birthstone.
5. Crowded bar or back porch watching the clouds?
Definitely back porch, crowded bars really hold no appeal.
6. Who wrote the book of love?
Umm… I don’t know maybe that one person who has all the answers.
7. If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?
Well, if logic holds… fog.
8. City or country?
Country. I live in the country by choice.
9. Even done donuts in a icy parking lot?
Absolutely. What else is there to do in a small town in winter?
10. Ever bought something just because of the controversy?
11. Robots vs Ninjas?
Ninjas. Definitely ninjas, they move faster and are much stealthier.
Now – on to 11 Random Facts About Me
1. I rarely ever walk backwards and never sideways
2. I hate licorice
3. I hate Jagermeister because it reminds me of licorice
4. I am a huge fan of MASH… I even have the box set of the show
5. I make raviolis from scratch because they taste better than the store bought pre-prepared
6. I currently have the theme song to the Jefferson’s stuck in my head for no apparent reason. Fish don’t fry in the kitchen… beans don’t burn on the grill…
7. I prefer to do my grocery shopping in the middle of the night because it means no crowds, no people in my way and no wait at the check out line.
8. I sometimes flip on the Emperor’s New Groove when I’m writing at night when my kids are asleep because I think the movie is funny and I like the music
9. I would really like to buy a hedgehog and a sugar glider but I already have too many pets
10. My dog barks at herself in the mirror
11. My wardrobe is relatively small because I hate shopping for clothes and shoes and I’m picky. Once I find something I like, I wear it till if falls apart.
3. Jo Robinson
5. Gus Sanchez
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your most favorite city (doesn’t have to be one you have visited)
2. How long do you think it takes to really know someone?
3. On average, how many lies do you tell a day? (Including white lies)
4. Do you correct people on their grammar?
5. Would you rather vacation at the beach, in a city, or in a secluded mountain or wooded area?
6. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
7. If you witnessed a fight on the street, would you intervene? What about a mugging?
8. If you could invent one important thing – would you create a cure for something, create a solution to a world problem, or create a useful device of some kind that you profit from
9. Who is the most inspirational person for you?
10. Do you like gum?
11. What is your alignment? For those who don’t know what that means – are you lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil, neutral good, neutral, neutral evil, chaotic good, chaotic neutral, or chaotic evil?