I decided to do this new blog challenge but I missed day 1 – yesterday. Yesterday I was supposed to post a recent pic of myself and post something about me. If you’d like to read about me, check out my about me page here or on my Rogue Mission blog.
Alrighty, to catch up to the challenge, I need to list 20 Things About Myself. Well, there are a couple of other posts where I list a few fruity things about me and another where I list a few other tid bits but I’ll try to enlighten you with some new information today. Here Goes:
1. I don’t wrestle alligators on Saturdays
2. I try to only wrestle grizzly bears – they present more of a challenge – and then only on Tuesdays
3. Werewolves really give me the heebie jeebies
4. I can play the guitar and the banjo and I used to have a fiddle but I got rid of it recently. Mind you, I did not say I could play the fiddle, I said I had one and fully intended on learning how to play it but I broke a string fairly quickly and just never fixed it so I never learned to play.
5. The following are the languages I would like to learn: Klingon, the Elf language from Lord of the Rings, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese and I’d like to learn to read lips because that way I could eavesdrop much more efficiently on other people’s conversations. Currently I speak a little Spanish and a little French but am not what I would call fluent in either.
6. Generally speaking in life, I just make it up as I go along. I’m not really a planner by any means.
7. I have never been in a fight in my entire life. My being six foot tall seems to intimidate most people
8. I think my cat and my dog are great judges of character. If my dog doesn’t like you – I probably won’t either.
9. I’ve never done any hallucinogenic drugs – my mind is a scary enough place all on its own
10. I played with a Bengal tiger as a kid. I have the pictures to prove it:
11. I carry a spare book in my purse at all times. Some people play on their phones in public to stay entertained, I whip out my book whenever I have a free moment. I also have a spare book in my vehicles at all times for traffic jams.
12. I love The Sound of Music. I know all the words to every song.
13. I rarely ever check my voicemail. It’s a hassle and I figure if it’s important, they’ll call back or send a text… or a smoke signal, carrier pigeon, whatever to get me the message.
14. Rather than give my kids reasons like “Because I said so” or “Do what you’re told” or even give them lame untrue answers – when they ask me questions I give them the long detailed scientific answers whenever possible. That really seems to annoy them as they are usually looking for a lame quick answer. I figure, hey if you’re going to ask me why salt water takes longer to freeze than regular water – be prepared for a chemistry lesson.
15. I used to wear my pink panther pajama bottoms to the store a lot because I worked third shift and I felt that at 5:30 or 6 a.m. if you’re in the supermarket and you see me in my pjs and you say something about it or have a problem with it, then you’re probably an asshole who cares too much about what other people choose to wear to the store in the morning.
16. I eat Captain Crunch cereal at all hours of the day. You can never have too much of the Captain.
17. Despite watching Gnomeo and Juliet dozens of times with my kids – I still don’t believe that my garden gnomes come to life when no one is looking.
18. I love the sun. I spend the majority of summer days in the pool with the kiddos. I love having a pool and would prefer to live by a beach to be by the ocean.
19. I still enjoy blowing bubbles
20. I broke my right arm as a kid the year they taught us to write in school so I had to learn to write with my left hand and I’ve been ambidextrous ever since.